Focused Experience In Collections And Creditors’ Rights
Attorneys Well Versed In Creditors’ Rights In Bankruptcy Proceedings
Jasne & Florio, L.L.P., is highly known for the personal representation we provide to every client. We represent banks, businesses, collection agencies and other creditors regarding the enforcement of judgments. Our clientele also include out-of-state attorneys with clients who need to file a collections claim or domesticate a judgment in New York.
We are comfortable resolving your claim through negotiation and, if necessary, through litigation. Besides Westchester County, our lawyers regularly represent clients in commercial collection actions in Bronx, Queens, Kings, New York, Richmond, Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Putnam and Dutchess counties.
Full Spectrum Services For Creditors
Of the many kinds of representation we provide, we will represent creditors in:
- Adversary proceedings: This includes litigation of claims within bankruptcy proceedings.
- Preference litigation: This involves the payment of debts before bankruptcy proceedings.
- Fraudulent transfers: We handle questions related to the transfer of assets prior to a bankruptcy that occur outside of the regular course of business.
- Dischargeability issues: We resolve disputes related to the discharge of debts. It may include providing creditor representation where allegations involving debtor misconduct arise. This also includes dealing with issues when certain debt survives the bankruptcy ruling.
- Automatic stay proceedings: This involves handling of questions surrounding the applicability of automatic stays on certain debts during bankruptcy.
- Turnovers: Such representation concerns the turnover of property that may involve disputes during a bankruptcy.
- Confirmation objections: Referred to as cram-down litigation, we provide representation for creditors opposing the Chapter 11 debt reorganization plan.
- Reclamation claims: This involves attempts by a supplier to get goods supplied to a customer who has now filed for bankruptcy
- Valuation proceedings: This includes legal guidance regarding disputes concerning the valuation of assets.
Highly Qualified Creditors’ Rights Attorneys
Daniel F. Florio Jr., Esq., is primarily responsible for the firm’s consumer and commercial debt litigation and has extensive experience in the field of money judgment enforcement – especially Article 52 enforcement of money judgment proceedings. Under his direction, the firm has earned a tremendous reputation in tracking down debtors and debtors’ assets. Due to this, Jasne & Florio, L.L.P., frequently receives requests by other lawyers for guidance concerning such matters. Mr. Florio is a member of the National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys (NARCA) and the New York State Bar Association, and is co-chair of the Westchester Women’s Bar Association Judgment Enforcement and Collections Committee.
As a founding partner in our firm, Hugh G. Jasne, Esq., is responsible for our commercial-creditor bankruptcy practice. He represents creditors in bankruptcy proceedings who have claims against individuals or businesses seeking bankruptcy protection. He represents collection agencies, businesses and other creditors in preference litigation matters, fraudulent transfers related to transfers of assets prior to bankruptcy, and automatic stays during bankruptcy proceedings. Mr. Jasne is a member of the New York State Bar Association, and he is admitted to the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
Make An Appointment With One Of Our Collections Attorneys
Contact our office online or call us at 914-368-7236 or toll free at 888-881-7321 to schedule a complimentary consultation regarding your collections or civil litigation concerns. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.